Equine 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
80ʜs
HS

Tioga

Commoner of Morthalion

Sunlight against closed lids, the yellow rays become red skin against her oculars, a molten blindfold. It's not any different this sun, this morning, but the smells, the sounds- they are wild and unfamiliar. The smell of salt, sea brine, cloying at her granite nostrils, burning as it rushes to her throat, finds her windpipe. A cough rises from her chest, spittle spraying as it strays from the confines of her mouth. 

Sand is beneath her, pale, sifted granules, and soon she is rising above it. Sore leg muscles push up, pressing weight against limbs that tremble. Tioga is tense, defensive, set on edge simply by the atmosphere she has arrived in.

Immediately one word finds her thoughts, Cove, and her copper eyes dart for danger. Sweeping up the coast line, lingering on the hills, following without hesitation each swift movement of her neck and head. Seeking pale purple against the sky, looking down from craggy cliffs, but there is none, Kirin isn’t here.

Now she exhales, allows her breath to recede from her lungs, one she hadn’t realized she had been holding. When it comes, it is like a hole placed against the fragile caging of a balloon, if she were capable- she may have popped.

Wherever this place was, it wasn’t the home of her siblings, the wretched realm of her Sire. This was something altogether new, unknown, but she was not afraid of it. Wasn’t this what she wanted? Pressing her thunder tinted lips to the brow of her brothers and sisters, there had to be more to life, they were grown, it was time to be free again- forge her own path. 

That’s what she set out to do, and by the looks of it, she had already begun.

It must have been a storm, her mane and tail damp, tangled against her dappled neck, corded against her shoulders to heavily hang. A storm that spared her, carried her out to sea and deposited her into some unknown land. She knows it’s not Beqanna, the stone structure atop the hill evidence enough. Nothing like this existed in her world, stones, rock making something other than a cliffside. There was no name for it in her vocabulary, so, for what seems like forever, she just stares at it- mesmerized.

What creature could have made this, what God?

A part of her wishes the twins presence were but a neck's length away. Having existed in the heavens before being made flesh and bone, there would be answers for her, explanations, histories and stories of ‘Down’ as they called it. They had watched the goings on of the earth for several millenia, and here she was, feeling as inexperienced, ignorant, as a newborn babe.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 09:36 PM by Tioga.)

4.5  7.5  8  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Unicorn 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
145ʜs
HS

Verdandi

Verdandi
Verdandi did not know much about Morthalion on the whole. She had been there only one time before, and even then it was a short trip. A very, very annoying and short trip that was. That day Verdandi was wandering through the capitol that day, and did not have the best of experiences. The mare had been trying to get something to eat and innocently watch some street performers that had come to town. That was the original goal in mind, to have a peaceful and relaxing day that day. However, a rude stallion purposely knocked food out of her grasp onto the ground, and she ended up threatening him with a partially hurt lip. That was the extent of Verdandi’s knowledge of Morthalion, but she decided to give it another try. She was not the particular type to hold onto things for long, and the odds of seeing that particular stallion again were slim to none. And if she did, then he would get a piece of her horns, not her mind, solely because he had intentionally hurt her. He would be stupid to try something like that a second go round with her. But other than that, Morthalion was like an untarnished piece of milk chocolate. It was waiting to be pressed upon the lips of a hungry connoisseur; it was ready for the delights and decadency to be enjoyed, and that was what the mare was going to do. She was going to taste and see what Morthalion had to offer.  

There were two primary reasons for Dandi to have come again to the same land though. The first was that she wanted to know more about the place that she was in. There were enough people around that she could quickly ascertain information about the place without difficulty. That would change her initial perception that she had from her first visit. But even more than that, Verdandi was looking for a permanent home to stay in. At present she resided with the Vagabonds. That was where she laid her head at night, night after night. But lately her thoughts were telling her that she should do otherwise. Something within her was telling her that she was not intended to be a Vagabond. It was not that she looked down upon them, no that was not it at all. They had to live their lives like everyone else did and make ends meet in their own ways. But she led a different lifestyle than they did. Verdandi never pickpocketed from others or stole what did not belong to her. When she went to the meeting under the previous Warden, her suspicions were rapidly being confirmed. There is just an innate feeling of belonging one gets sometimes, and Dandi did not get that from the meeting. She felt on the outs and the impression that she did not belong at all. Scoping out the different lands was what she had to do until the right one spoke to her. Then, and only then, would she submit her formal resignation from the Vagabonds. That felt like the right thing to do. The conversation that she had had with Stefan helped her make that decision in an abstract way. She hoped that the red stallion would be able to find everything that he was looking for as well.

It was during this journey that Verdandi noticed the tall gray woman staring at something beyond her position. The emerald and gold woman wondered immediately what was so fascinating, and she just had to ask. There was a noticeable size difference between the two ladies, so Dandi figured that perhaps the other saw something that she did not due to sheer vantage points. But guessing would leave her in the dark, and so the Unicorn advanced up jovially enough, and stood on the left side of Tioga. Verdandi’s golden eyes glowed bright as she spoke up, still trying to catch a glimpse of the mystery item in question. What was so grand as to not to be able to take one’s eyes off of it? “Pardon my interruption, but your focus on something peaked my interest. Care to share what it is?”    

---------
ooc | @Tioga Hope you don't mind me throwing my girl here, but I thought they might get along ^^

Actions "Speech" 'Thoughts'

5  11  4  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Equine 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
80ʜs
HS

Tioga

Commoner of Morthalion

It feels like hours, eyes of copper lingering on the structure, the breeze rolling against her back off of the water. Each pale strand of her mane flows and rolls against her shoulders, brushes the bridge of her nose, then returns to blow in the breeze at her neck. It feels like hours, but it is moments, minutes that pass as she stands- an awed onlooker.

Every pale stone is counted, traced, noting the cracks the spread like veins from age and wear. The rise of the roofs, the difference in its appearance, the change of color where it rises at its peaks. What is this? Gargantuan creation before her, it’s not a statue, though it resembles one- no face, no curve of hip or jaw. Try as she might to make sense of it, she cannot find the knowledge in her grasp, so she chews the inside of her check, pondering.

At her left there is movement, perceived by her periferal, not immediately but quickly enough so as to not claim surprise on her. Quick enough to react, to find her reigns and allow preparation.

Even if she is, surprised, an unexpected presence, a stranger.

This land is already so new, so she shifts her weight, rolling her mass to her right, adjusting and tensing. Not threateningly so, careful, wary- some might call it smart, cautious. If their meeting came to blows, she’s not sure she was skilled enough to succeed, so her copper eyes gently shift- searching for the best way out.

If she needs to escape, she should have a route ready.

A unicorn approaches, three horns pressed toward the skies, reaching up towards the clouds and all that might lay beyond them. The color of branches, crafted into smooth and dangerous spears. Every inch of the woman is painted like the nature that surrounds them, the ochre of the earth, she can almost smell the richness of dirt. Deep emerald of the grasses, the leaves of the trees. Tioga remembers the way the clover felt beneath her skin as she rolled in the Gates, the crisp way it crunched against her teeth and slid passed them to be delighted by her taste buds.

Golden rays of sun dripping down the length of her, stripes, she’s seen them worn before. Intermittent white to break it all up, flexing webs in the treeline, sprawling a cobweb barrier at the stalks of her legs. Hard to miss, this girl, and so she flexes her nostrils, whuffing scent in and out.

A small smile is offered, curving at the corners of Ti’s lips, pulling them up as the advance deems itself cordial.

“I-Well, what is that exactly?” Gesturing towards the hilltops with her smokey nose, finding the shapes of the castle with her eyes that seem to listen as much as they see. The she starts, only just, realizing how very rude she was- they were yet acquainted, here she was, pestering the poor woman for answers.

“I’m sorry, my names Tioga, I’ve only just arrived it seems,” understatement, the length of the twisted cords in her mane had yet to dry. In fact, she was likely looking quite disheveled still, and the ache in her muscles was returning.
photo from unsplash-words: 543-tags: @Verdandi

I am so sorry I didn't notice my reply right away ;-; thanks so much for sending your girl ^_^

4.5  7.5  8  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Unicorn 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
145ʜs
HS

Verdandi

Verdandi
The second venture into Morthalion seemed to prove a good one for Verdandi up to that point. No one had messed with her food, or done anything intentionally malicious against her, and that was better than last time already. Her lip had long since healed since her first experience, and the mare was feeling good about it all as she stood there in the land. She was glad that she had given the place a second chance, even though her first go round was not great. If she had just permanently resisted coming here forever, she would have missed all that it had to offer to her. The thing about Dandi was that she was a curious one by nature. New things excited her, and future prospects made her enthusiastic beyond belief. That was why she left her maiden homeland in the first place. It was purely by choice that she came there; nothing had actually forced her out. Others were not fortunate to say that and had lived through terrible things, but not Verdandi. Everything was pretty much peachy keen for her growing up, a few odd occasions notwithstanding.

Life at home was great and all, and she could not have asked for a better home to call her own. But curious horses never stay in one place for long. The nomadic types only build temporary shelters because they know they will pack them up eventually to leave, and that is what Verdandi could be classified as in a sense…nomadic. Traveler’s blood fueled her frame, her mind, and her spirit. There was always an itch to see what was beyond her reach and take ahold of it in her grasp. One day the mare might find herself wanting to settle down. One day she would wish to create a permanent home and family for herself again. But that was on the distant horizon it seemed. Unless some strapping fellow swooped in and changed her mind, then she would keep progressing forward until she could do so no more. And even then she might turn around and travel back the way that she came, just for good measure. The man that called himself her eventual mate might even be dragged along with her too to new places. It all depended on what the future held in store for her.

It appeared that the horses in the territory were also the good natured type, once she got to know them. Walking up to random strangers was probably not recommended all of the time, but Verdandi was able to do so then. The reception that she received was to be expected, and handled like any other horse would. Standing next to the slate colored female opened up a new conversation that Dandi was happy to have. Verdandi offered a gentle smile back to one that she was given, and was pleased to be in pleasant company, despite her having traveled from afar. She did not mind that Tioga was not prim or perfectly groomed. At times, Verdandi was a real wild child herself, slogging through mud and mush just for the heck of it. That stuff always came off with a little water, soap, and elbow grease.

Verdandi’s initial question that she posed to her newest acquaintance was responded to with a question back at her. It instantly cleared up the curiosity that she had and speculation as to what Tioga was looking at though, so she was content. Playing the role of tour guide could benefit them both actually. “I am told that that is where the king and queen live. To my understanding, that is their castle, and has been there for quite a while. Generations even. Hessander IV and his lady love are the ones in charge right now  I think, though I am not a history buff,” the mare started saying as she extended her neck for a better view. Verdandi danced lightly on her tip toes, hooves tapping against the ground in a rhythmic fashion. When Tioga introduced herself, the green gal was happy to offer her name back, her gaze switched from the building formation to the mare at her side. “I am Verdandi,” she said.  

---------
ooc | @Tioga Absolutely! C:

Actions "Speech" 'Thoughts'

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2018, 02:10 AM by Verdandi.)

5  11  4  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Equine 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
80ʜs
HS

Tioga

Commoner of Morthalion

Bewildered and Bewondered, her interest peaked far beyond the zenith of capability. Tioga lifts her stormy head, the pale cords of her hair falling back towards her shoulders, while the unmatted and untwisted curtains gently moved with the sea breeze. Copper eyes resting curiously on the stone structure. A temple of sorts, wasn't it? What manner of God’s were worshipped in a place such as this?

For a moment, her veins chilled with uncertainty, and gooseflesh rose against her skin. Some times, God’s were man-made, lifted to pedestals where they looked down with a cold, unyielding reign. It was fleeting, but it was there, prickled fear, hidden at least by her cloudy coat. Tucked away, like most of her fears, she did what she could to mask them- it was at times a death sentence to show weakness. Displaying such a thing in an unknown land, it was surely a gavel and a guilittine.

“A castle?” Tioga repeats the words, though her mimicry is more hushed than the other mare’s initial revelation. “A King and Queen? Well, that’s quite the monument I must say,” neck craned, weight shifting to be supported against her rear. In this moment, she regarded it much like she would a shrine, a statue of sorts and maybe that why it left her with a faint, unsettled stone in her belly.

“I can’t say I’ve ever seen anything like it,” uncultured perhaps, sheltered, but the lands she had left- they did not hold such creations. The only sported monuments made to evil, crafted in the image of a man who did not deserve such a memorandum.

“Not the Kings and Queens, the castle,” a laugh, nervousness leaking through it. Everything was so strange and new in this world, this land, how could she not be a bit disheveled?

“It seems the fae have smiled upon me, for once, with our meeting,” nodding her head in respect and blinking her eyes slowly as she did so. The damp was beginning to leave the flaxen threads of her hair, holding tight to the dreaded cords where they tangled themselves.

“Would I could see it up close, do they allow visitors up there?” Gesturing up the slope, eyes bright and curious. It would seem that the best way to know this new land, would be to delve into a bit of exploration, and with a friend by her side- what harm could that do?
photo from unsplash-words: 417-tags: @Verdandi

so sorry for how late this is, i have been in an awful slump when it comes to making words ;-;
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2019, 08:39 PM by Tioga.)