Kirin 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
1,485ʜs
HS

Faraday

Warrior of Icarus

It had only been a few months since Faraday had first arrived in this land. She had arrived confused, angered and with walls around her heart. Although only some of these walls still stood, day by day, the Dirthen winds etched at her heart and would soon win her over. She had been welcomed into a place by people who, in her own timeline would have run in fear or rise to protest. She had been welcomed into a paradise that her own people would be happy to burn and conquer in the name of some archaic belief. She had been shown acceptance and gratitude where others would not and for all of these things – she was thankful.

She had made her way to the Nord Prairie to watch the stars – the last time she had witnessed such a view was with Balathet. In the confines of her mind she kept the images as clear as she could, of that wild desert woman blanketed in starlight. She pondered on when she would see her again – Faraday was thankful for her and the younger one, Khatar’s welcoming into Icarus. For them, Faraday would raise her spear. However, many questions and wonders remained unanswered to the dragon. After a few weeks of dwelling in Icarus, Faraday learnt more and more about the gods and totems. Although – these were only fleeting conversations. She had learnt the names, Cosmos, Halla, Eska, Lars….and others that seemed far from reach. After all, she had met that strange, purple owl and had been given a mermaid coin. With each day of hearing the Dirthen tongue, its sinuous and sandy accents slowly became her own – as she began to utter their words, albeit, very very poorly. She had learnt the names, the words, the myths, but she needed to know more. Why did the lions roar call to the beat of her own heart. Who was cosmos? Why did they worship him and why do they scathe him?

Faraday found a suitable clearing and looked about for danger. Resting her spear in the moonlit grasses she found a place to sit to get ample view of the Prairies below, peppered with trees. Raising her head, she looked up to the glittering expanse and uttered a few words of Nordlysian to practise. To an onlooker – it would have sounded ridiculous. 

“Stellae sint splendida nocte. Meum nomen est Faraday. Cosmos quis est?”

TABLE BY  ARGENT
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 09:00 AM by Faraday.)

4.5  11  5  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Pegasus 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
105ʜs
HS

Soln

Vagabond

Wings were the greatest crafting done by the creators. Soln knew that those of every species thought themselves to be the ones given the greatest gift; the equines believed it to be their resilience, the unicorns their affinity for magic, the kirin their draconian ties, -- he was at a loss for what the hippocampus had to boast.. But until one had experienced flight they knew nothing of a blessing. For nothing could compare to it.

His muscles ached. His time spent jailed had weakened him-- that, along with the time it had taken the flight feathers the jailer had cut to grow back. May the heavens take pity on that one should his path cross mine. It was what had moved him to take a long flight. He had to stay in shape. He would fly until the sun fell and then during the night he steal from those in the area.

No rest for the wicked.

As he was getting ready to land for the night to figure out what next he heard the sound of Nordlysian on a tongue that certainly wasn't native. He landed not far away and caught his breath before making his approach. "Gesundheit?" Soln paused and looked at a spear as he walked by. Bemused he looked from it to the woman that sat and talked to the sky, Who is she?

Her Nordlysian was not great but he had been able to understand her. He wondered what it was that made some so apt to take it as a first language? Soln knew the basics and figured that was all that was called for. Any that tried to speak Nordlysian as their everyday tongue were just pompous pricks. He hoped that she was not one who had been convinced to learn it in order to do as such. So he did not give any answer nor tips on her pronunciation. He simply moved on to answering her question.

"It depends on who you ask." Soln looked up to the stars, "And the one that would be able to give the truest of answers-" It was the legends told of Cosmos that had inspired Soln as a boy. What he wouldn't give to hear the legends told from the god's own lips! to hear Cosmos himself put an end to those who doubted him and his motives. "Well he isn't going to respond." Only Cosmos himself would be able to answer the question; but Soln did figure that some might give answers close, such as his own. He was tired. In this still of a moment he felt it hit him. Soln found a spot a bit away from the woman and he laid down.

"But if you want I could tell you who I think he is?" Soln settled even deeper into the grasses. He had picked a good, comfortable, spot. The golden man went as far as to close his eyes. He grinned at the amusement he brought himself. Soln was confident, or at least hoped, that he had gotten his point across.

The question Soln asked was for her benefit.

He did not care what her answer was. He had not asked to join her and so he did not think that she was allowed to ask him to leave. He was comfortable. If she did not desire his company, well, it would have to be her that left. His thoughts went back to the spear he had walked past to get to where he lay, Should she run me through, at least it would be a nice aesthetic.

Art

@Faraday  

4.5  15  5.5  69 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Kirin 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
1,485ʜs
HS

Faraday

Warrior of Icarus

The stars were silent. Ever since the dragon had arrived here, they had never once spoken back. Stardust floated through her very being and even as a babe, she had always felt some connection to the expanse, but it was on these lonely Nordlysian nights where the connection felt more distant than ever. She wondered if it was punishment for being here? For her peoples past travesties? Or perhaps she had to prove her worth? Whatever the cause, the dragon felt a small spark of determination, and even as her foreign tongue clumsily uttered each word, she felt a small sense of accomplishment. One step closer, perhaps?

Faraday had assumed she was alone, but time after time she was proven that assumption was a deadly thing. Especially now as a golden hued man, beautiful, dipped down from the very expanse and landed a few feet away from here. Faraday turned her head to the newcomer who clearly could speak the native tongue well. He spoke of a word or phrase she did not understand. Could not understand. Cocking her head in confusion, she spoke normally when she realised he could also speak common tongue.  “I learn this language. I am not very good.” Faraday dipped her head in welcome. Faraday admired his wings – what a joy to be able to glide on the winds currents – as the dragons could. She envied him. She envied Balathet. Perhaps getting closer to the stars would reveal more answers of this realm. 

“He has never responded. I do not know why I try. Perhaps he knows why I am here – I heard his roar once, after all.” Day by day the memory of her arrival faded. Day by day she would spend waking moments frantically analysing everything that she knew, trying to find out why. Why was he there. Why was she here? Perhaps this stranger knew more. She answered his question  “I would like that. You would very well be the first to tell me who he is.”

“I am Faraday. Who are you?”

341 | @Soln

TABLE BY  ARGENT
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 09:44 AM by Faraday.)

4.5  11  5  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Pegasus 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
105ʜs
HS

Soln

Vagabond

"Non malum." The man almost felt guilty that she had not understood his jab at her clumsy use of the native tongue. "To learn it is-- admirable." The words that they passed back and forth between one another were more than the ancient tongue. Soln hadn't much fondness for lessons in history or for things of the past. It was a part of history for a reason. In his eyes Nordlysian was just another barrier between those more schooled and those of more humble origin.

"You are taught to speak Nordlysian." Soln propped himself back up gave a dry laugh, "An all but dead language." He flopped back down. "But have not spoken of Cosmos?" He shook his head in disbelief, "Who is your tutor?"

"Cosmos he--" Soln looked for the words. He had not expected her to answer as she had. It made him more still-- serious, even, to be in the presence of someone that wanted something genuine from him. When was the last time that had happened? "Cosmos sees the things that he wants.. and he gets them." Soln was able to speak without tricks or lies. "He does not take no for an answer." He sighed wishing that he had better words for Cosmos. He is our father.

The only father Soln knew; for he was certain that he knew the god better than how he knew his own absent sire. He saw the workings of Cosmos every night. Soln lay and watched the stars for a few breaths time, "You heard the voice of Cosmos?"

Art

@Faraday