SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
605ʜs
HS

Rikyn

Vagabond

ЯIKYN

The sound of a gentle rain pittering against the trees woke me from restless, pseudo-sleep.

My golden eyes flutter open at the familiar and lonesome sound, the loose flow of my slumbering muscles suddenly tense, and all four of my hooves, one of which that had been lazily pointed upon its split toes, find themselves firmly planted on the stone floor.  With a grunt, blinking my bleary eyes, I attempt to remember just where the fuck I am.  

The slightest trickle is pooling in from outside, dampening what had been a mostly dry cave when I'd arrived earlier in the evening.  Just over the horizon, dimly viewed through the dark awning of the cave, jagged with stone formations, and the dense birch wood, the faintest light of dawn can be seen.  The sky, or that which could be seen between the soft gray storm clouds above, is still darkly indigo, but hints of blue and violet spill where black would reign, were it still night.

The birch trees are most confusing, at first.  With a snort, I shake my head, ridding the contrasting images of emerald pines, tall as towers, their dense branches leaving the earth beneath many eternally snowless, their dark, earthen bases in contrast to the flourishing, golden green of late summer fields.  The stark, slender white trees stare at me with their hundred eyes, defying the strange sensation of having been home that still cleaves to me, despite the world clearly not being the same that I'd imagined it to be on first opening my eyes.

"Duir?" I roughly rasp, clearing my throat, before calling out with more clarity, "Duir?  Oi!  Where the fuck you at?"

Emerging from the cavern into the ethereal early dawn, I sweep my eyes across the surrounding woodland, searching for the familiar flash of gold and brown among the stark, white trunks of the birches.  Though I don't immediately see him, I do sense him nearby.

"What you want?" he asks, from wherever he is, clearly near enough for our mind-bond to still leap between us with strong clarity.  "Should be resting."

So should you, I think to myself, more than as a reply to his sassiness.  

He'd been short of temper ever since we'd been catapulted from the Rift, and been wandering south.  To be fair, I had too.  It was just that Duir was usually positive, cleaving to hope and cheerfulness, and I'd honestly become dependant on his good nature to keep my more sour moods in check.  It seemed, however, that losing not only home, but our entire family, had left the buck unable to see the sunny side of things, despite the sun very clearly rising on the horizon.

"I guard you, stupid," he remarks, "you sleep so hard you snore."

My ears fall back at being called stupid, and my annoyance floods through our bond, drawing amusement from Duir in return.  That same air of elitism is all over him when he appears in the treeline, his grand antlers and earthen body slightly larger than I remember him being the night before.  Frowning and blinking, I chalk it up to being exhausted from the road, and emotionally tapped out, to boot.

"Oh, fuck you," I remark, snorting, and casting my eyes around the forest.  Though I'd missed it when we'd arrived in the darkness of night, a trail can be picked out, not far from the cavern I'd chosen to rest in.  A fleeting blip of hope spills through me, and I nod towards the road, using my horn as a sort of finger, to point it out to my companion.  "Hey, look at that."

"Have already," sagely responds Duir, glancing but momentarily at the hint of civilization in the midst of what had, until today, been an untamed wilderness, and I roll my eyes.  Setting off towards the path, I look over my shoulder at the lightning-patterned buck, who takes up after me.  

"Well then, Captain Information, where does it go, do you figure?" I ask, the first of many pointless questions I ask of him as we make our way down the newfound trail.

[ OOC:  Oof rusty.  x3 Set in the Eastern Frontier.  Anyone is welcome. <3 ]

call me a safe bet
I'm betting I'm not
@Tags

Art by VeerDesigns@DA | Table by Me
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 07:00 PM by Rikyn.)

5  11.5  9  70 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Unicorn 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
605ʜs
HS

Oizys

Warrior of Mokosh

The bitch migrates to the chilly north regularly. Mostly it's because it reminds her of the Aurora Basin and a happier, simpler time before Helovia exploded in a ball of chaotic Kaos, but the frigid air is also a blessed relief from the scorching heat of the rest of Nordlys.

Oizys is now quite pregnant, with bloated sides and fat-ass ankles, so the intense summer warmth makes her suffer far more than usual. The cool, comforting snow and the bitter biting wind are like old friends to the cranky grey mare, and as the purple dawn devours the black night, she is to be found on her back with her legs in the air like she just doesn't care. The moist chill creates a delightful sensation on her sweaty back, and her leonine tail sweeps the whiteness away to create the world's most fucked-up snow angel.

Normally Oizys - a born and bred warrior - would not assume such a prone position out in the open, exposing her vulnerable underside and pregnant bulk to any potential attacker. She feels comfortable doing so, however, because Moros rests in a nearby birch, his silver tail hanging lazily down and his watchful blue eyes burning a hole in her flesh as he stares. No, she does not like or trust him, but she knows he would tell her if a threat was approaching....mostly because he would relish the opportunity to eat it.

"Somebody coming."

The dragon's deep, bestial voice rumbles in her mind, and immediately she rolls over to try and return to all fours. Alas, her pregnant sides refuse to budge and she flails helplessly on her back like an upturned tortoise, braying loudly and indignantly at her own helplessness. Fuck my life. Her heart begins to pound, fearing attack whilst she's so prone, and she redoubles her efforts to right herself.

Out of the corner of her eye, she sees a figure. The closer it gets the more familiar it seems, and the gargoyle ceases her thrashing for a moment as she squints at the upside-down golden stallion approaching her. "....Rikyn?" With a herculean effort, the bitch manages to roll onto her side and gather her limbs under her, breathing like she's just run a marathon. "Holy shit, it's you." She can't get to her feet just yet - she's fucked from the effort of rolling over - but she stares up at her old friend with disbelieving eyes. Can it possibly be him? Has the Rift spat out another survivor?

image: dozymare.deviantart.com

@Rikyn eeeee

ATKDEFDAMHP
 Unicorn 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
605ʜs
HS

Rikyn

Vagabond

(12-05-2018, 06:09 PM)Bunnie Wrote:

ЯIKYN

The road wound through more birch and mountain terrain, the rocky landscape occasionally spilling into hills that rolled onwards for some distance unobscurred, or meadows, ringed by the pale trees. The quiet rustle of their leaves in the damp, stormy air filled the otherwise silent spaces between sparse birdsong, with the steady sound of Duir and I's hooves on the gravel and dirt path a tempo-like disturbance.

That is, until a faintly familiar feminine voice rises up from the brush, quite clearly stating me name.

I stop, and stare blankly at the upturned, round belly presented to me, as well as the full and supple set of tits that legs normally guard from gazes such as mine. Having never seen her from this angle, I don't know which woman it is I'm looking at. It's distracting enough, that I don't notice the dragon, perched close by, at all. A somewhat blank expression of surprise, laced with feint amusement at having found someone in such a predicament, lingers on my weathered face.

"You?" I ask in return, tone dry. Not sure whether to expect friend, foe, or some sort of magical being (having known at least a few of each), I stand with reservation, ready to run, if need be. Duir's proud gaze is angled in the direction of the stranger from a safe distance, appearing exceptionally nonchalant, though the bond between us suggests his heart is beating much faster than his steady stare suggests.

When she manages to heave herself over, however, just who you is becomes quite obvious - Oizys. She lays there, panting from the sheer effort of having got her large figure to her knees. Normally, I might have made a joke here, about how standing was liable to kill her, or some other reference to a large land mammal, but I momentarily find myself speechless.

It was not that I had not run into others from Helovia along the way; her presence here, however, still brought to life a spark of hope that others had come, too. Wherever here was, anyway ...

"Holy shit's right. Hey, Oizys," I say after a short pause, striding towards her with an amble that clearly dictates I have not been sleeping well, if not suffering from the latent consequences of something more intentionally self-inflicted. Looking down at the tri-crowned mare, I find a faint smirk on my face; the first I'd worn in a while. "Long time no see."

call me a safe bet
I'm betting I'm not
@Oizys

Art by VeerDesigns@DA | Table by Me

5  11.5  9  70 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Unicorn 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
605ʜs
HS

Oizys

Warrior of Mokosh

Surely, surely he must recognise her? She's got a pretty unforgettable face, after all, yet the slightly blank greeting would say otherwise. The mare frowns, shuffling her position on the ground to one slightly more comfortable with her forelegs tucked under her chest - standing up can wait.

In the tree, Moros has noticed Rikyn's stag. He rears up on his branch, his razor-sharp rear claws scraping long strips of bark free as his wings flare and his tail swings. His electric eyes light up with menacing glee and Oizys feels a spasm of palpable, ravenous hunger soaring through their bond into her mind; she shoots the silver drake a crippling glare and utters a sharp mental warning. Don't you fucking dare. The dragon rarely listens to her, but even he can sense the authority in her tone. Perhaps he doesn't want to be sat on by an angry pregnant woman, or maybe he's just humouring her until he can strike properly later, but either way his deep growl subsides and he settles himself back onto his branch, staring coldly down at the deer.

The sight of Duir sends a flurry of emotions through the grey mare's mind. How the hell has Rikyn managed to pass into Nordlys and keep hold of him, whereas Oizys had Ker roughly torn free from her? It's impossible for the bitch not to be considerably jealous and even slightly angry at this revelation, although she knows that she should just be happy her old friend doesn't have to go through the searing pain of a lost bond like she did. It makes no sense, though. Hadn't Kid told her that Nordlys terminates all companion bonds upon entry to its soil? What makes Rikyn and Duir special.....and why the hell did Oizys and Ker not get so lucky?

Finally, the stallion recognises her. "Long time indeed." With a loud and ungainly grunt, Oizys unfurls her limbs and rises inelegantly to her feet, bracing her powerful limbs against the added weight of the child in her belly. Jesus, she's fat. Her tail flickers behind her and she narrows her eyes at Rikyn, daring him to make a comment. He's got a wit almost - almost - as sharp and crude as hers, and in his shoes she would be throwing beached whale jokes everywhere. Perhaps the man has decided that he quite values his testicles and does not want them removing and ramming up his ass by a scorned fat pregnant woman with an attitude problem.

"You escaped the Rift?" It's a question, not a statement. How had he got here? Had he fallen foul of a portal-generating magical beastie like Oizys had, or was his entry here considerably less traumatic? He certainly doesn't look traumatised.

image: dozymare.deviantart.com

@Rikyn
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2018, 06:24 PM by Oizys.)