Equine 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
255ʜs
HS

Blair

Wanderer

i didn't lose you, you lost me. you'll search for me in other people- i promise- but you'll never find me again.
Now Blair wished she had never said anything. Had she walked away from the start it probably would've been easier. She could've gone about her business, unaffected by Alaric's ramblings, but now he criticized what she said and she had to stand there and simply listen, funneling all her energy into keeping a straight face and not walking away. The stag admits he cannot relate and a small part of Blair is disappointed - he was now, in her mind, just average; he was most likely born mediocre, will amount to some things, and die a common death. This was the path Blair definitely did not want to take. 

Openly admitting he makes a good fool is a surprise to Blair who is always worried about being made the fool in any situation. Though she would never admit it, she did want to be seen in positive light, but her deep sense of insecurity would always make her believe she was otherwise. No matter how much she wished she had been graced with a bohemian soul and an eye for the pleasures in life, she wasn't. Her hair didn't sparkle like drops of sunrise dew on blades of fresh grass as she pranced through the woodland, all sorts of creatures singing along to her sweet melodies. Her giggles weren't as joyful as a three-year olds and she couldn't simper softly like a temptress could. But she would never apologize for that.

He bombards her with questions, his onslaught never even momentarily pausing. How old are you anyways? "I'm-" You're thinking about success like it's this grand thing. "Well y-" Gross. "I don't thi-" It's all rapid-fire, an attack on who Blair is and she is incapable of saying even part of one thought before he jumps onto something else. "Yes." She blurts out quickly, a trace of a scowl forming on her porcelain features. "I am," she reveals (though anyone could see she is a perfectionist from about a mile away). Snorting out of annoyance, he moves on once more to inform her that she should loosen up and live a little - or rather, that she should prove to him that she is even able to have fun.

Then he does the unthinkable - invites her to join his fun (the horror). Alaric is literally hopping with enthusiasm, speaking on some glowing creatures in the water that Blair definitely does not give one single fuck about. "FINE," she announces loudly, somehow managing not to entirely lecture him on the importance of what she had previously said and how his judgement of her desires was uncalled for and inappropriate (she didn't verbally make fun of his self-proclaimed rat title, did she?). 

Blair surges forth, her steps large as she marches straight for the water, her ears flipped back and though not pinned, not far off either. Her tail thrashes behind her in annoyance, the delicate gold chains clinking as they hit one another. The cold cuffs around her cannons shift up and down as she lifts and slams her hooves with each step and the necklace that she wears proudly swings adamantly to-and-fro. Within mere moments, Blair's hooves meet the briny water, but she doesn't stop there, continuing her charge forth until the waves tickle the underside of her belly. 

Spinning around to face the shore where she had been standing seconds earlier, she decides to add one more thing. "Happy?" 

"Speech"
(falskar beach)
x

@Alaric

5.5  6  8  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Unicorn 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
430ʜs
HS

Alaric

Commoner of Morthalion

Poor fool, the streets don't
love you like i do.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Alaric does not hold back his thoughts or opinions, and once he gets going there's no stopping him.  It's almost as if the rest of the world gets drowned out, and if you want to keep your head above the water you better get as many words in as possible while he's quiet.  Blair may have tried to interject, and might have managed to get a word or two out, but did Alaric hear any of it?  No, no he did not.  Even her loud, resigned 'FINE' hardly makes a dent as he seems to prance closer towards the water, only stopping to look back when he hears the gold on her clink, clink with every heavy step.

He watches her with a tilted head, amusement clear in his features because now he knows he's made her upset.  The water licks at his ankles as she stomps past him, thrashing up the water with her dramatic self.  She keeps going, ears back with a hard look on her face and Alaric just continues to watch with a lopsided smirk.

'Happy?'  He lets out a chuckle, throwing his head back slightly with crinkled eyes.  He quickly calms himself, shaking his head at her as he calms down.  He's completely amused by her antics.  He enjoys the fact that he's managed to push her buttons, some individuals can be so easy sometimes.

"No."  He says flat out, walking deeper into the water, close to where she is.  He lets his tail drag in the water behind him, flicking its hair covered tip every now and then for the fun of it.  "You're missing the point, sweetheart.  You can't just rush into it all willy-nilly, that's not how it works."  He says, his tone of voice seeming to say 'duh, silly'.  "Smooth down your feathers, do some breathing exercises or something, and just live in the moment."  Something bright and blue catches his eyes, there one second and gone the next.  The sun is now completely below the horizon, but Alaric knows it'll be a minute or two more before it's completely dark and the show start.

He dunks himself below the water.

He resurfaces, completely drenched and with a rugged laugh on his lips.  He shakes on his mane, water flying off of him.  He's glad that it's still the summer season right now.  "'No time for distractions'."  He mutters, knowing full well she can hear him.  "That isn't living.  Living means embracing those distractions and kinks that life wants to throw at you."  He can't help but let out a laugh at the word 'kinks'.  "So get comfortable and wait for one sec."  He finishes, eyes drifting between the water and sky, waiting with anticipation.  This had been one of the first things here that had actually had an affect on him, and it's been awhile since he's been here but he's sure he'll enjoy it just as much as the first time.

@Blair

5.5  6  7.5  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Equine 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
255ʜs
HS

Blair

Wanderer

i didn't lose you, you lost me. you'll search for me in other people- i promise- but you'll never find me again.

'Happy?' 'No.'

She almost shouted at him; she knew her ability for nuance and emotional generosity was dwindling. Her veins felt swollen, waiting to simply explode - the vexing of her soul.

'Smooth down your feathers, do some breathing exercises or something, and just live in the moment.'

Who did he think he was? The God of Fun

Snorting out of fretfulness more than anything (that's a breathing exercise, right?), Blair's lips unfolded, but it was Alaric's bark that bobbed into the atmosphere once more as he shook his compact neck, removing himself of any excess brine. Instead of giving up on the point that just moments ago had Blair so agitated, he mutters something about distractions which elicits another caustic peek from the dam. She had no difficulty acknowledging his distaste for her variety of entertainment, he absolutely didn't need to speak more on it - was she not trying his character of fun right now? When he ordered her to be patient, she (surprisingly) complied with only a meager, upset huff, gnawing her tongue to keep from gnashing her pearls at him.

Blair shifted her focus to the serene ocean to ease her burgeoning attitude as she unabatingly endured, the daytime beginning to fully subside, the sting of the frigid night soundlessly arriving. The past few minutes had been accomplished smudges of coal, lilac, turquoise, and a burning coral that blended unitedly to conceive a sight so astounding it had momentarily swept her away, just like the waves edging over seashells and stealing them in a matter of trices - but it was short-lived as the abundant shadows of the evening dissolved into the gathering darkness of the twilight that would extend ahead as eternal as the path she had traveled in the daylight hours. Now charcoal-hued, the stars glittered as if to welcome Blair back to these dim hours of rest and leisure when children sit, their heads tilted toward the heaven, observing the constellations and the patina of the luna, their chatter echoing on until the scanty hours, always with the backdrop of covered crickets. The fowls were quelled, the surrounding area desolate as beasts of every kind dreamed, the only serenade being the ever-present sound of waves shattering on the shoreline and occasionally the prattle that Alaric spoke

And then it happened- it glowed

In only seconds Blair's eyes had easily adapted to the nighttime, so much so that the luminosity of some sort of sea lichen was nearly too brilliant to admire. Nearly. The water's sudden bioluminescence was astonishing as it relit the beach's sea, dappling the waves with hues of azure as they toppled one another, slapping against Blair's refined form. Painted with fluorescence, Blair's eyes were massively converged on the sight. The simple beauty of the scene was enough to rescue anyone - the most humble of miracles - and though Blair didn't particularly need saving, a diminutive part of her heart felt more at ease now.

"Wow," was all she could offer.

"Speech"
(falskar beach)
x

@Alaric

5.5  6  8  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Unicorn 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
430ʜs
HS

Alaric

Commoner of Morthalion

Poor fool, the streets don't
love you like i do.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

His eyes stick the the sky for a moment as the stars begin to come out more.  He's hardly ever been one to focus on the night sky in general, really never felt a need to, but as the lull in conversation between them remains with only the sound of the ocean he finds he might as well.

Then it begins.  An unsharpened smirk tugs at his lips as he cold eyes peer around below him.  He remembers seeing this all the first time and being completely mesmerized and occupied until he had been pulled away from the glowing stuff by a woman who had been playing in the waves.  That had been weeks ago, though, and now he's able to simply stand and watch (so very different from how he usually is, a man always wanting to go, go, go).

'Wow' he hears Blair say in what he assumes is astonishment.  He glances her way.  "Yup."  He says smugly, knowing that he was right.  His tail twitches in satisfaction at a job well done.  "You'll probably never want to see me again,"  As it ends up being with most people he meets.  "But at least I know you'll definitely remember me."  He says haughtily.

The waves continue to glow and Alaric nods to himself, knowing he's proven his point.  It isn't long, though, until his old self comes along forming one long excuse that says Morthalion will take a while to get back to, and he did not want to spend more time than he had to out and about in the wilderness.  He was a city kid and while he could manage well enough he most certainly would probably end up dying in the wild if left too long.  Again, this is more than likely just some excuse his mind makes up to give a reason behind him needing to move.  Alaric is Alaric, and he can't stay still for long.

He hums to himself as the waves hit is his body, agreeing with the reasoning that he subconsciously knows is just some elaborate justification.  "Well, I needa head out.  I admit I like this part of nature, but everything else would probably kill me."  He says with a chuckle.  "Find me in Morthalion if you ever want to take me up on my offer, sweetheart."  He tells her, giving his location and reminding her of his offer all in one.  He takes a few steps towards the shore, aided by the water that pushes at him.  "Don't stay out in the water too long or you'll end up all pruney, and we wouldn't want that!"  He calls over his shoulder as a form of goodbye, eyes crinkling as he laughs.

@Blair