Equine 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
255ʜs
HS

Blair

Wanderer

i didn't lose you, you lost me. you'll search for me in other people- i promise- but you'll never find me again.

The light that streaks through the boughs paints her hide brightly, igniting the chocolate hues beneath her dappled skin, turning them into deep deep ochre. The trees are dancing spirits, each more fabulous than the former - more beautiful than anything a designer could craft. The branches are spotted with lichen, as varied as any proud grey horse. In this summer light it is the palest green upon the weathered bark, in the later monochrome of evening it will be light freckles upon rich brown skin - a rich mahogany adorned. They move, choreographed by the wind, in perfect time with one another. They are the life and soul of this early summer morning, with vast and varied hues of green. As they stretch upwards and outwards toward the light, drinking in rays as pure as the rain, Blair moves through them - the sound of distant cicadas keeping her company. The rain had washed the path clean and nowhere was the wetness more obvious than in the grass verges. Just yesterday Blair had only noticed the grass, but today she saw the soil, dark like molasses under the glossy strands.

She walks along a river, a slice of mellow harmony amid the fragrant leaves. It flows like time, always onward, never once pausing. The river is a ribbon of living turquoise, boldly flowing amid the green of the forest. The water surface is livened by brief crescents of white that are fish arcing as they dart by. Her eyes travels down stream, caressing the dapples that bring the shine of the water to a hue so homely. At the edges it tempts the rich soil to join the cool waters just as much as the humble leaf litter that lies on top. No matter the chatter of the trees it is steady, welcoming, refreshing. On quiet days it can be heard to whisper its wisdom, on stormy days it is lost to all but those who listen closely. Even on the rainiest of days it can heard beneath the splashes, a sacred melody, always moving, always present.

Although not entirely sure why she has ventured here, Blair is curious about the environment. Trekking from Falskar Beach to Northern Heartwood was, in every sense of the world, a struggle. She wasn't entirely sure she was still in the same realm or if she'd left the land altogether and found a new one. The vast amount of space was incredible and Blair was sure there must be thousands of different animals lurking around here, from the northern snowy mountain caps to the southern heat of the desert. This lit a fire of curiosity in her veins and pushed her to explore. She had not settled down for she didn't know if she wanted to yet (and certainly had no idea where the herds resided), but she knew for certain she wanted to meet as many as she could which fueled her journey across the land. Having met only one other in her travels here so far, she didn't have a good grasp on the culture, nor did she know anyone, which combined to form an uneasy feeling in her gut, but alas, she pushed on.

"Speech"
(Heartwood - North)
x
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 09:40 PM by Blair.)

4.5  11  5  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Pegasus 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
105ʜs
HS

Soln

Vagabond

He paced at the river's edge. Pebbles skipped from beneath his agitated steps. Every so often he would pause and mutter to himself before shaking his head and moving back to pacing. Soln was restless. His slow success earned a constant ire towards himself. He was more than those around him. He had known it from a young age. Even as a young boy.

Whenever the other children of the street had gone begging Soln had cleaned himself up well and had sought out jobs.
Some had been pleasant; watching shops or helping to load luggage. Others had been more questionable but he had gotten paid for those jobs just the same! Never was he ashamed.  Soln would never apologize for his actions. No matter how his decisions might be viewed in the eyes of another he knew that they were all made in his best interest. And none was more important than he.

He had been told the same stories that the other children had been told. The stories of Cosmos and Halla. Had he been the only one to garner from it Cosmos' lesson to them all? Find what you want. Get it. Soln stopped and sighed, And keep it at all costs.

He was
better
than them.

So why was it that he was met with such adversity?

He understood how Cosmos wanted them to live! How Cosmos himself lived. Soln would prove himself to his god. He had already failed Cosmos once by losing his grip on the Baronship of the Vagabonds; such a brief hold he'd had on them. But now- now once he saw to a crown being placed on his brow once more he would not lose his grip on the position again. Not even if he had to crush all in his grasp.

He cocked his head at the sight of the traveler going past.  Had she even noticed him? Where was it that she was going to? He had came here to think. His earlier muttering plans and plotting. However she did not seem to amble. He cast a backward glance to where his camp was tucked away in the forest's dense cover before trotting over to fall into step with the woman. He would have to go back for all that was there.

Soln did not approach her in a manner that was questioning of if she would welcome company. Whether she would welcome anyone else he did not know. But he knew he was good looking. A crooked grin grew on his face even though he tried to press it away. He simply could not help himself. She too was good looking. As vast as the Heartwood was, what was the chance that such a pair would cross paths?

"To where is it that you travel?" He slowed his pace to see if she would do the same. A cunning way to measure her interest in his presence. "Should you need to rest my camp is not far from here." He tilted his head back, "Just past those trees."

@Blair  your reply finally!

5.5  6  7.5  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Equine 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
255ʜs
HS

Blair

Wanderer

i didn't lose you, you lost me. you'll search for me in other people- i promise- but you'll never find me again.

She inhaled him before anything- cologne that embodied freshly cut timber, like the damp forest after a rainy day; he smelt heavenly, like pine and honey. Though she trekked on, not sure where the smell was originating from and not troubled enough to search for its source. Within moments, however, he was alongside her, his limbs moving with the same cadence as her own. Though she could've proceeded with her leisure velocity, she decided to halt, hoping he would too - after all, cruising and chatting genuinely seemed too... casual for the proper mare. Blair liked to sharply see whom she was addressing; she liked to converse in stillness as it always seemed more intimate in an advantageous way. 

The stag had the kind of grimace that arrested her in her prints - though Blair was assured he was accustomed to the impromptu recess in an individual when they glanced his way and the passionate simpering feigning innocent that followed hastily close. He had tousled creamy kinks, both dense and lustrous. His sights were a profound and succulent amber that convened well in his cocky smirk. Her lamps danced from his squared head to his lean sinewy form. As his sonorous speech met her ears, she regarded his grin. He couldn't have been enormously over young adulthood. Though she may not have craved him from the apex of his scalp to the arch of his ankles, she had no reluctance declaring he was handsome. 

Blair was gorgeous in a different way than Soln - the light didn't exhibit itself in golden waves along her tender design, nor did her mass screech for awareness in some gauche way. Her appeal was mild, though not overly so. Classic, noble, dignified, she was young enough to maintain the exuberance of youth yet aged enough for the curves of womanhood to ravage her form and the conviction of someone years older than her to settle in her joints. Her stature was by no means unimpressive, though she was not overly towering and willowy; a streamlined warmblood. With earthenware and creamy features, her skin seemed more like silk over glass than anything meanwhile she shed an intellectual charm. 

"I have no destination yet," comes her enigmatic answer. The femme had a voice that was like harmony under a harvest flurry, almost missed against the noise of a cloudless day, yet somehow heard despite it all. The stranger wasn't approaching her with overt horniness and sensuality like the last she had met did, so she settled to see what would happen if she pronounced with poise instead of sass. "Blair," she offers with the tip of her dainty skull, the necklace coiling around her upper nape swinging to and fro from the movement. "You are..?"

"Speech"
(Heartwood - North)
x

@Soln

4.5  11  5  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Pegasus 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
105ʜs
HS

Soln

Vagabond

His momentum carried him a few paces forward from where she halted. He turned to face her with a raised brow. "No destination yet?” Her accent. She was not of Nordlys blood. He moved back to her and closed the distance between them whilst she introduced herself.

He chewed on his lip to suppress the smile that threatened to come. She was so proper. A high class act traipsing through the deep forest. "Rude,” Amusing. so he would play along with it. He answered dipping his head in return, "I am rude for not introducing myself.” He looked up at her through thick lashes. "I am Soln.”

He had not always been a member of Nordlys undesirables. Once he had played his cards well enough to be included in the aristocratic circles. Once upon a time he had been welcomed by those who would now love to have his head. So yes, Soln could be charming.

He simply found his current lifestyle to be more advantageous for a man like himself. Soln hadn't a drop of noble blood in his veins. He grew restless in the lavish cages the higher classes imprisoned themselves in. For too long he had lived on the street and there he'd had an entire childhood to sample forbidden fruit upon his lips. Thievery. Ransoming. Murder. All had been deemed to be flavors that he savored. Sharp and bitter.

"Perhaps we could keep eachother company in the night, once it comes?” Soln was no fool. He knew that the mind of a woman mind liked to leap to conclusions. He watched her with a whisper of a smile waiting to see what she would give him to work with.

Would she be sensible and simply assume it to be an offer from a fellow traveler?
Or would she assume he insinuated more?

@Blair  I love her so much. You write so freaking well.

5.5  6  7.5  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Equine 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
255ʜs
HS

Blair

Wanderer

The woman regards him with the gaze of a stranger, that aloof judgment with no strings. From afar she has assembled some estimation of him. She must do this. Though they traipse in a contemporary age with a refinement their fore-bearers could never have dreamt of, there is a segment of them that is forever the tribal stalker. They must make an observation, a casual evaluation. Compatriot or Adversary? And how do they make such a diagnosis? Evidence to social class, to stage of life and group affiliations. Who was this man?

Soln - he is Soln. 

"Hm. Rude? I doubt that much," she offered with a docility that would seem cutting come to her next statements. "I'd call it socially inept." It is a tease, though Blair's standoffish footnote could be taken the wrong way. Blair wasn't entertaining in the way that made others titter like a newly sprung leak - timid at first, then a cascade soon after - her humor was iniquitous and often unnoticed; it was a wry comment paired the homely shift in her facial expressions. 

The Aurelian stag offered his company through the darkness and though he never directly stated anything, Blair's thoughts spontaneously jumped to images of appetite and flesh (she wasn't resistant to lust, despite what some may suppose). Blair didn't know what Soln deemed would happen if she accepted his proposal, nor did she really comprehend what he was offering, but she would never sway from no when it came to intimacy. It would be quite the dilemma should she begin to drive him insane under the twilight, then cease, to do it all over again until he begged for something because even then her answer would remain steadfast, Blair never being one to give in to provocation. 

"Tell me, Soln," her voice came firmly. "Why should we?" The question seemed innocent, but perhaps it wasn't so. It asked why Blair should want to spend time with a stranger or why they shouldn't just go their own ways home. It asked why they should fuck while also explaining that Blair wasn't afraid of the inherent risk that came with being a woman alone in a dark, foreign forest.

Would his response to her inquiry change her reaction to his?

"Speech"
(Heartwood - North)
x

@Soln