Hippocampus 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
0ʜs
HS

Calima

Scout of Eventide

The sun was about to set; a vibrant color scheme roamed the sky in shape of interesting patterns. The hippocampus had been washed up on a beach and she was laying on one side, with an eye squinting towards the setting sun. She was perhaps a bit too close to a kingdom that was unknown to her aside from the name that was half forgotten somewhere in the back of her head. Not that she would know though what too close meant, she had quite frankly never been anywhere near. Calima sighed, a shaky and stretched sigh that spoke of boredom and indecisiveness. The wiry, wet mane had tangled into the gills and was slowly drying in the sunset. Calima decided it was time to stand up. She found the sensation of drying sand to be weird and uncomfortable. Well on her feet, she viciously shook her head. A messy forelock, sprinkled with sand like the rest of her, all over the place. She liked to be on land - even though aquatic environments were more of her natural habitat - because she got to use her legs in a different way. There were many factors as to why she was so fascinated with land. The feeling of full weight on all hooves was exciting, to begin with, and her small hooves left a trail very different to the prints she could leave on the ocean floor. She looked back a few steps later, on the tiny amount tracks she had made so far. She smiled faintly.
  "I mean, if birds were in water, would they be as graceful? Actually... Ugh. Nevermind. Ah! Actually", she rambled on to herself, lighting up at the new insight at the end of the sentence thus far. "They would probably not be very graceful, since I'm clumsy on land but not clumsy in ... ah, well, I'm clumsy down below as well. I guess this thought just suffered to its end. Huh. Will you... look at that."
  Calima nodded slowly, puzzled with the next thoughts' arrival; thoughts that seemingly had no connection to the previous subject. A link between the various thought processes of hers would not have anything making more sense. She would jump from A to D, to C and then to B. Regardless of how simple one might occasionally perceive Calima to be; she struggled with understanding herself to the point where she rarely tried anymore. It was a bit pointless to try to make sense of A-D-C-B.

[ A shore near Morthalion | @Sidra ]

5  7  7.5  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Unicorn 
SPECIES

BUFF
45ʜs
HS

Sidra

Professor of Eventide

Sidra

Her journey from the isle had gone rather uneventfully, as of yet.

The crossing of Halla's Path, something she had never done before, was a bit frightening, at first. Trusting the shallow ocean was not something a unicorn such as Sidra was well adjusted to. She respected it, to be sure, but that respect had been born from a wonder at its strength, and sometimes tumultuous and giant waves. That same wonder was more of a fear when one found themselves treading through knee deep, sometimes deeper, salt water.

She'd been forced to spend a day, once she'd made shore opposite the degrading watch tower, grooming herself back into proper condition, and cleansing the salt brine from her metallic bells. Once her voluminous locks had been tamed, however, she had set back on her way, following the curvature of the pale shore line which led beyond Eastwatch.

The walls of Morthalion were a distant, miniaturized sight as she crested a dune, and witnessed a more peculiar and interesting display than even King Hessander's grand city: someone had seemed to rise from the sea.

Now, the proximity of Queen Maeve's underwater realm to the herd of the Eventide should mean that Sidra was quite used to such occurrences; the truth, however, was that the small herd which she had been a part of, had never been so far south. And, though she had a mermaid coin, given to her by the Goddess Eska, Sidra had never used it - at least not yet.

Not usually one to pause for conversation, especially while on a set task, as she was on this afternoon, the mare felt oddly inclined to investigate this occurrence. Two things drove her motivation: she had never spoken with a hippocampi, and also that this one seemed quite different from how her mother had ever described one. So, she draws closer, the sound of the bells within her tail softly jangling, and the light of the sun reflecting off of her multi-toned coat. She pauses her usual distance from the stranger: too far to be considered to truly friendly, but close enough that she could be well heard.

"Greetings," the young woman remarks, her grecian accent thick, and her crown held proudly aloft, as it always is, "are you on your way to the city, as well?"

@Calima

tried to pretend
who you were then
who you are now

background

4.5  10  5.5  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Hippocampus 
SPECIES
 Novice 
BUFF
0ʜs
HS

Calima

Scout of Eventide

A faint chiming caught Calima's attention from the current thoughts that consisted of the little truth of how she saw no one anywhere close by. She had wondered why it was so empty, maybe all life resided behind those walls.Yes, she finally noticed them too. She did not see anyone, but suddenly anyone saw her. Calima spun around unnecessarily fast and almost tripped herself in the process. She straightened up with a calm humming and pretended like she didn't just almost fall. She turned to the jingling, very confused by what could make such a sound. Squinting her eyes again, she observed a horned fellow approach in a moderate speed. Surely this was no one ill willed. Calima reacted with the genuine excitement again. She loved aesthetic ladies, and the coat of this one had a fantastic iridescence to it. How come Calima was so ignorant of everything that she had not noticed the stranger before? It was only when their paths were about to cross that Calima noticed the silvery horn that was suggesting the heritage of the stranger. A twirly spear; and this was the first time Calima saw something so shiny on a forehead. Calima was dumbfounded, too busy eyeing the other to know manners. She pouted a bit when the presumed unicorn came to a halt, a little further away than she'd like. Calima wondered how the iridescence would feel if she but her muzzle right to it, but the impulse was repressed as quickly as it had forced its way into the to-do-list. Was she soft? She looked soft. Was the coat soft, though? Calima shook her head slowly. The distance was actually a good thing, it didn't strain the short neck. Calima still had to put her glance above what was comfortable in order to see the rich purple that the eyes contained. A bit old fashioned, the stranger voice greeted the tiny hippocampus, quite literally, and continued asking if Calima was heading towards the city too. Calima's throat was suddenly very dry. She must look very stupid, somewhat aware of how strange it could seem that she was just staring, wide-eyed and awestruck. The hippocampus decided to shake her head. Gills followed, their dancing possibly the only remotely elegant thing about her.
"Oh, no no. I was resting in the sand as you can see-"
Calima turned to show the mare the sandy side of her body.
"And I don't really remember why I ended up here. What's that city called? It starts with a More-sound, ooh you know when something is annoyingly stuck there, in the back of your head? That's awful, right? For someone who explores a lot I do seem like a real shut-in."
Calima's ocean blue gaze looked away, it seemed filled with confusion and a nagging frustration. Maybe the name of the city was just erased after all. That wouldn't be the first time. How her memory was so selective intrigued her. She had no trouble remembering that water was warmer closer to the surface, and the shores, which was useless because she couldn't really care less.
"I was actually just thinking about how I see nothing, of life here, while nothing turned out to see me", she said with a wondrous tone to her voice. "What's your name, if I tell you my name is Calima? How is your coat so shiny? Is it soft?"
The hippocampus immediately and abruptly shut up. If the stranger's amount of talking was a puddle, Calima would soon come up to lake size. It took her this long though, to realize that.

@Sidra

5  7  7.5  64 
ATKDEFDAMHP
 Unicorn 
SPECIES

BUFF
45ʜs
HS

Sidra

Professor of Eventide

Sidra

Unsure whether her arrival has simply surprised the strange female on the beach, or all together frightened her, Sidra watches the unusual stranger's wild pivot upon the sand warily. At least, given the distance between them, there would be time to escape, should the encounter go sour so early on. The expression on the peculiar, milky mare's face, however, seemed to be that of enthusiasm - a warm, cheerful emotion that Sidra very rarely, if at all, felt about much of anything. The iridescent mare was most often frowning, or expressionless, the latter of which the very same which could be spied on her pretty features, now.

The stranger does not seem pleased with Sidra's aloofness, and even seems thrown off by the mention of the large city, spied as a miniature marker on the horizon. It was easy to miss, Sidra supposed, if one did not know it was there, what with the virgin woodland which sprawled around it.

The hippocampi's response seconds the Professor's ponderings that, perhaps, this person was unaware of Morthalion's proximity. The stranger, aside from being lost, appears to also be slightly addlebrained, as some of the very old in Sidra's coven had been, though she does not appear to be even a bit old, at all. The resulting frown which is born to the mare's face is long, and stern, and accompanied with a thought as to whether or not this conversation would be at all worth it. Deciding it was best to practice conversation with strangers (even those who did not suite Sidra's fancy), however, the mare presses on.

"It is called Morthalion, ruled by King Hessander," the cold, but intelligent and beautiful, woman explains, "it lies not far down this road. The wildlife about this region have perhaps become more accustomed to hiding, what with so many paragons travelling to and from the city. I admit I have never walked this road to know."

"I am Sidra, of Ard Maleficar, to the east," she answers of Calima's inquiry; the second, however, leaves her with a most sour expression, and ears that are laid somewhat flat upon her poll; though she had intended to do her best to remain cordial and approachable as Warden Aylin, Sidra found herself failing quite miserably when presented with an inquiry of being touched, "and I would much rather you did not touch me, though, I do suppose, I would be soft, were you to do so."

@Calima
my muse ran away D: but I found it!

tried to pretend
who you were then
who you are now

background